As we continue social distancing due to COVID19, the real estate market will begin to shift further towards immersive digital technologies that minimize in-person transactions. Future clients will be less apt to visit open houses, explore model homes, and generally meet in person with realtors. Technologies such as 360° tours will help individuals explore properties without being physically present.
What are 360° Tours
360° tours are made by using 360° live-action cameras that provide an immersive and interactive experience of any space. Below is the process of creating a 360° tour.
Benefits of 360° Tours
Attract and Educate:
– Virtual tours keep visitors on your website 5-10X longer.
– Real estate listings with a virtual home tour get 87% more views.
– Virtual tours help double interest in a business listing.
– Among 18-34-year-olds, prospects are 130% more likely to book based on a virtual tour.
– Return on investment for virtual imaging is estimated at less than four weeks.
In this blog, we highlight the variables that make a 360° tour a powerful creative asset in the real estate market, particularly in a post-COVID-19 world.
Enhanced Messaging All In One Place
The details that a realtor would explain to a potential buyer in person can now be communicated with a 360° tour. Below are examples of some of the supporting information that gives a prospect enough information about a property and as a result – a more seamless digital experience for the buyer.
– Details about the property spaces including room dimensions, materials, and types of flooring, etc.
– Corresponding blueprints of the home and/or apartment complex.
– General information about the neighborhood such as public transportation, food, shopping, etc.
– Additional videos and images of the spaces.
– The ability to share the property with friends, family, and colleagues via messaging or email.
At the end of the day, it is important to paint a full picture of the world you are showcasing when presenting a 360° tour. This is possible through advancements in 360° technology that allow you to present a 360° tour with enhanced messaging in one compelling package.
Integration with Google
Another key facet of an effective 360° tour is its accessibility on the internet. Tours can now be pushed directly to Google maps and Google street view. That way when prospects search on Google, they can easily view your uploaded tour. In fact, a virtual tour can bolster Google’s organic search and map results by up to 16%. Platforms such as Panoskin allow for this functionality.
There has been a massive disruption in the real estate market due to COVID-19 and this is redefining the way that homes and apartments are being sold and rented. 360° tours play a crucial role in attracting and educating prospects that lead to the conversion.
With enhanced messaging and Google integrations, viewers can experience an immersive, educational, and engaging 360° tour as an alternative to open houses. As a result, 360° tours are no longer supplemental assets in selling and renting real estate properties. Rather, they have moved to the forefront as people are increasingly conscious about the implications of social interaction.
Scordio Construction is a high-end residential contractor that can provide budget estimating for those looking to build or renovate their home.